Basic Needs Security Field Study Units
The FALL 2018 BASIC NEEDS SECURITY INTERNSHIP APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED.
CHECK BACK FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES IN SPRING 2019!
The Basic Needs Security Team have exciting projects every year that require passionate and committed interns and volunteers to maximize their success. For those interested in the unit-earning internship, the unit count determines time requirement:
(1) Unit = 45 Hours
(2) Units = 90 Hours
If you are interested, please review our application specifics & coordinator descriptions to inform your team selection! All interns will also volunteer at the UCB Food Pantry in addition to their allocated responsibilities.
Finances/Accounting, Sally liang (Coordinator)
Seeking 1 Intern
The finance team is looking for a driven and ambitious candidate who is interested in learning about nonprofit management as well as accounting. The intern will help establishing a nonprofit for Basic Needs Security.
He/she will also be responsible for processing donor thank you letters to recognize revenue and conduct reimbursement paperwork.
- Strong communication, organization, and research skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with nonprofits preferred
Community programs, sara tsai (coordinator)
Seeking 3-4 Interns
Interns will be responsible for community outreach and increasing basic needs security awareness around campus by assisting with Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week & BNS End of Year Celebration logistics, attending BNS Coalition meetings (up to 5 for the semester), and helping with additional community initiatives through weekly meetings with the coordinator. Interns will be expected to be physically present at Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week activities 11/13-11/17. This capacity offers interns the opportunity to do high-impact work and directly communicate with campus and community leaders.
For selected interns: our first meeting will be Saturday, 9/8 after 1 PM.
- Strong communication, organization, and speaking skills
- Familiarity with community/campus organizations preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Powerpoint preferred
- Experience with event planning preferred
Branding, lotta meriluoto (coordinator)
Seeking 1-2 interns
Interns will aid in producing Basic Needs marketing materials for events throughout the semester (such as Hunger & Homelessness Awareness Week and CalFRESH clinics), including flyers, social media graphics, informational pamphlets, etc. They will also be working with Squarespace and Wordpress platforms to update the Food Pantry and CalFRESH websites, and on slide decks for training Berkeley faculty, staff, and students on Basic Needs resources.
- Creativity and enthusiasm!
- Experience with Squarespace, Wordpress, Google Presentations
- Preferred background in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or other graphic design programs AND/OR data visualization tools
- Effective communication skills and task responsibility
video and photography, karina candela (coordinator)
Seeking 0-1 Intern
Interns will assist in creating digital content in the form of photography and videography for Basic Needs Services. This
includes, but is not limited to, promotional content, recap videos, and creative advertisement of Basic Needs Services.
- Creative and artistic outlook preferred
- Effective task completion strategies and skills
- Proficiency in photography and videography
- Proficiency in editing applications such as Premier Pro
- Knowledge of film equipment and how to use it