UC System Research
- Learn more about the relationship between basic needs insecurity and student outcomes across the UC at the InfoCenter.
- Request a copy of Redefinig Basic Needs in Higher Education by Dr. Suzanna Martinez.
- Stay up to date on our ongoing research efforts on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Food Insecurity in California's public university system: What are the risk factors?
- College students identify university support for basic needs and life skills as key ingredient in addressing food insecurity on campus
UC Berkeley Basic Needs efforts have been featured in the three largest studies in the country on college student basic needs. Additionally, UC Berkeley was selected by the Federal Government Accountability Office to be included in their first national study on college student food insecurity.