Emergency Housing

colorful interlinking hands

Short-term emergency housing for students facing imminent loss of housing or currently unhoused.

Temporary housing assistance may be provided for up to 30 days at an on-campus residence hall or in an off-campus independent living house, or for up to 5 days at a hotel depending on availability.

Available to:

  • All currently enrolled UC Berkeley students (graduate, undergraduate, international, etc.)

If you are in need of emergency housing, please complete the Basic Needs Assistance Form at the bottom of the page and our Care Coordinator will get back to you as soon as possible, no later than 2 business days.

If your need is immediate, please call our Clinical Care Coordinator, Saj, at 510-519-4003.

Still need support? Find other housing resources such as our Emergency Rental Assistance if you're struggling to pay rent.

housing cartoon with a key in the center