Other Housing Resources

Tenant's Rights

Legal Advising

  • Student Legal Services: free legal counsel for matters such as landlord-tenant disputes, evictions, etc. The Attorney for Students advises currently registered Cal students regarding their legal questions, rights, and obligations.  A student legal consultation might include (but is not limited to) one of the following examples:
    • a landlord-tenant dispute
    • a citation for a criminal infraction or misdemeanor
    • filing an action in California Small Claims Court
    • questions related to debt and/or collection actions
    • issues arising from a car accident or auto insurance, or questions about family law
  • Bay Area Legal Aid: BayLegal helps low-income tenants obtain or remain in safe, affordable housing and provides legal assistance in the areas of eviction defense, housing conditions, fair housing & housing discrimnation 
  • East Bay Community Law Center: Housing attorneys and advocates can provide assistance on eviction defense, general tenants’ rights issues. 
    • Call 510-548-4040 and ask to speak with Housing Intake Worker