Interested in taking another Food for Thought Seminar? Fill out our Pre-Sign up Form to reserve a spot!
CCNs will be released end of December/early January when our classrooms are finalized. Filling out the Pre-Sign Up form can help reserve a spot in our classes while we wait. Find more information by visiting https://basicneeds.berkeley.edu/our-programs/food-for-thought.
Core Classes (2 units, Letter Graded):
- Computer Seminar [Monday, 5-7 PM]: Intro to Microsoft and Adobe products (Excel, Photoshop, Premiere, etc)
- Emotional Seminar [Thursday 5-7 PM]: Learn about stress, causes, mental health, and how to promote wellness
- Narrative Seminar [Tuesdays 5-7 PM]: Reflect and generate a narrative to help with post-graduation plans
- Nutrition Seminar [Wednesdays 4-6 PM]: Understand nutrition, your food system, and how it impacts your health
Community Field-Study (1 units, Pass/No Pass):
- Pedagogy Seminar [Monday 1-3 PM]: Learn about peer to peer education and get to shadow a FFT Seminar to learn about teaching, program and class development, and advocacy.
- Cooking Seminar [Varies on role, More in Description]: Learn how about the food system while volunteering (ex: making meals for those facing houselessness). Cooking happens Tuesdays 12-2 pm. Farmer market donation runs happen on Saturdays 2 pm. Other roles available as well.
If you are a student facilitator that runs a DeCal that discusses Basic Needs topics, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about joining the Basic Needs DeCal Committee to meet other like minded classes and get support for your course!