The Basic Needs Center is committed to supporting all students, regardless of immigration status. The resources below provide urgent relief for the basic needs of undocumented students, but is not exhaustive.
If you have further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CalFresh is not available as a food resource for undocumented students, but the resources below remain available to you:
- Food Pantry: emergency food relief supply offering nonperishable foods, fresh produce, and more; available to anyone with a Cal1 ID.
- Food Assistance Program: short term financial award for non-CalFresh eligible students with financial need.
- Emergency Housing: short-term emergency housing for students facing imminent loss of housing or currently unhoused
- Housing Security Deposit Award: financial support for students facing severe housing insecurity and need assistance in paying security deposits to secure off- or on-campus housing
- Emergency Rental Assistance: short term assistance with one month's rent
- USP Emergency Grants: emergency grants for housing, food, medical, dental, computer, and other unforeseen costs. Available for undocumented Dream Aid recipients that are not receiving federal financial aid and loans
- USP Scholarship for non-DACA Students: scholarship to undocumented students who do not have the ability to work
- Health Opportunity Fund: funds to use for Tang Center services, available for Dream Aid recipients
- Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP): UC Berkeley insurance available regardless of immigration status
- USP Mental Health Refund Application: refund for insurance co-pays for any mental health expenses (therapy, medication, ADHD evaluation, etc.) that were paid out of pocket, up to $1200 per aacdemic year
- USP Mental Health Support Program: confidential space to be seen by a licensed therapist to develop a wellness plan that may include one-time drop in counseling, crisis management, on-going sessions, and connection to other campus resources.
More Support @ The Undocumented Student Program
The Undocumented Student Program provides guidance and support to undocumented students at Cal. Resources include, but are not limited to, academic advising, legal support, emergency grants, mental health support, and more.